The combination of Oxycodone and acetaminophen is known as Percocet. Oxycodone is a narcotic medication. An analgesic is sometimes called opioid pain medication. Acetaminophen is a less effective pain reliever that increases the effect of Oxycodone.
How it works
- Both combinations (oxycodone and acetaminophen) relieve pain, but both work in a different way.
- Acetaminophen works in the process of blocking the effects of enzyme, in the brain, which is known as cyclooxygenase (COX).
- Oxycodone binds opiate receptors and blocks the way pain signals. Overdose can be habit-forming and cause physical dependence.
What’s Good With Percocet
- The combination is more effective than using Acetaminophen or Oxycodone individually.
- Acetaminophen and Oxycodone effects duration is similar.
- Effective pain management for moderate or severe pain.
- Percocet is available under the generic name Acetaminophen and Oxycodone.
- No other medication or medical treatment is allowed at the time of Percocet.
- Vomiting, headache, and dizziness (Oxycodone components) cause mostly side-effects of Percocet.
- Some other Side effects include low blood pressure, constipation, nausea, and confusion.
- A high dose of Acetaminophen components causes liver failure or liver diseases.
- How to impress a girl suffering from relationship anxiety
- Physical Mental Illness Types, Symptoms, and Diagnosis
- ADHD Treatment – Is Vyvanse better than Adderall – Vyvanse vs Adderall
- Symptoms That Prove Depression Is Not Just Mental Illness
- A person can take it with or without food.
- You should not administer more doses than what is prescribed by your medical consultant.
- Consult your medical practitioner if you are becoming addicted to Percocet.
- Avoid other medications during the consumption of Percocet.
- Avoid taking alcohol or other substance while having your medication
- Sudden discontinue of Percocet may cause withdrawal symptoms like (vomiting, diarrhea, and muscle pain). Take advice from the doctor if you need to stop it.
- Do not take during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless recommended by the doctor.
- The usual dosage of Percocet tablets 2.5mg/325mg is 1 to 2 tablets every 6 hours as needed for pain. The maximum daily dose is 12 tablets.
- The usual dosage of Percocet tablets 5mg/325mg is one tablet every 6 hours as needed for pain. The maximum daily dose is 12 tablets.
- The usual dosage of Percocet tablets 7.5mg/325mg is one tablet every 6 hours as needed for pain. The maximum daily dose is eight tablets.
- The usual dosage of Percocet tablets 10mg/325mg is one tablet every 6 hours as needed for pain. The maximum daily dose is six tablets.
- Percocet DosageThe effect of Percocet reaches 1.8 hours, and the duration is for 3-4 hours.
Some side effects of Percocet:
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Headache and fever
- Dark urine
- Skin rashes or itching
- Vomiting of blood.