Showing all 2 results
What is Ativan?
Ativan is a prescription-based drug prescribed to treat anxiety and related disorders. You can also order Ativan online to treat panic attacks, alcohol withdrawal symptoms, and phobias. Since Ativan contains Lorazepam as an active ingredient, it belongs to the benzodiazepine group of medications.
As a benzodiazepine, Ativan work on the central nervous system to reduce hyperactivity inside the brain and induce a calming effect. It is also used for sedation as a muscle relaxant to prevent seizures.
History and Stats
As a generic drug, Lorazepam was approved in 1963 and was introduced into the US market in 1977. Ativan is a common drug of abuse and produces both physical and psychological dependence. However, it is on the United States Food and Drug Administration’s most essential medicines list.
In 2019, Ativan was the 69th most prescribed drug in the United States, with more than 10 million prescriptions. If you order Ativan online and take it as prescribed, it is the best treatment for anxiety and related issues.
Although Ativan is an effective drug for treating anxiety and panic disorders, one should take care of some points while using such a drug. Avoiding these facts can be dangerous for your health and treatment program.
- If combined with opioids like Hydrocodone or Codeine, Ativan can cause some complications in breathing. This interaction can also occur if the same drug combines with alcohol or other substances which act on the central nervous system.
- Some people take Ativan for recreational purposes unnecessarily. Taking prescription drugs in such a manner can be addictive and result in unpleasant overdose symptoms. Keep Ativan in a place where others cannot get to it.
- The dosage of this medication is not always the same for everyone. So, do not share this medication with someone, especially one who has a history of drug addiction. You can recommend them buy Ativan online from us; we will give them the best deal and dosage.
- Lorazepam is not suitable for pregnant ladies, especially during the third trimester. This medication can cause congenital disabilities.
- Do not stop taking Ativan tablets on your own, even if the condition is entirely normal. Your doctor/pharmacist will tell you when and how to stop using this high-potential drug. You will require to stop using the medicine gradually.
What to do before purchasing Ativan online?
Before you purchase Ativan and start taking it, you should let your doctor or pharmacist know if you have or ever had;
- narrow-angle glaucoma;
- a history of allergic reaction to any benzo like Alprazolam, Diazepam, Xanax, etc.;
- asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD);
- drug/alcohol addiction or sleep apnea;
- mood problems, depression, suicidal thoughts, behaviors, etc.
In addition, you should let your doctor or pharmacist know if you are planning for a baby or breastfeeding a baby. Ativan can pass your breast milk and enter your baby’s system. Also, you should inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are already taking any similar or other high-potential drugs.
How to take Ativan correctly?
You should read your prescription label or dosage guide carefully before using the drug. One can order Ativan online to get a free-of-cost prescription label. Also, ask your provider for help if you can not read or understand any section of the Rx label.
Ativan is available for sale in tablet form, which you can take by mouth with or without food. People with stomach problems or less drug tolerance should take this medication with meals.
Your health care provider will start your treatment with the lowest adequate amount for the shortest period. Do not take this anti-anxiety medication in a larger dosage or longer than prescribed. Ask your provider before switching your dose or stop using the drug.
Dosage of Ativan
Usual adult dose for anxiety
- Initial dose: 2 mg to 3 mg per day, given 2 or 3 times daily
- Maintenance dose: 1 to 2 mg, 2 to 3 times a day
Usual geriatric dose for anxiety
- Initial amount: 1 to 2 mg orally per day in divided doses.
Usual pediatric dose for anxiety
- Initial dose: 2 mg to 3 mg orally per day, given twice or thrice a day.
- Maintenance dose: 1 mg to 2 mg orally 2 to 3 times a day.
What are the possible side effects of Ativan?
Ativan can also cause side effects in adverse situations, even if the drug is taken correctly. So, before your order Ativan online, let’s warn you that this medication can be dangerous in some ways. Following are some common, rare, and severe side effects of Ativan; please consult your doctor if any painful symptoms occur.
Common side effects
- Headache, dizziness
- Drowsiness, vomiting
- Nausea, etc.
Rare side effects
- Low blood counts due to bone marrow failure;
- Decreased blood platelets;
- Hemolytic anemia, etc.
Severe side effects
- Severe drowsiness;
- Sudden restless feeling or excitement;
- aggression, confusion, hallucinations, etc.
Note: It is not a complete list of side effects caused by Ativan; some others can also occur. You should consult a doctor if any unexpected arises after using Ativan. Most serious effects occur because of using fake products. We suggest you order Ativan online from us to get a genuine product.
How long does it take for Ativan to wear off?
In most cases, the duration of Ativan effects depends on the individual, their tolerance, and physical and psychological health. It starts working and producing sedative effects within 20 to 30 minutes when taken orally. However, its most effects wear off in 6 to 8 hours.
Not experiencing sedative effects never means that the drug has left your body entirely. The medication may stay remain in your body for longer than a week.
Which is stronger, Ativan or xanax?
Ativan and Xanax belong to the benzodiazepine class of drugs and are known to prevent anxiety symptoms. They are almost similar in effectiveness and side effects. However, some studies claim that Ativan is stronger than Xanax.