Showing all 4 results
Codeine 15mg$329.00 Select Pills
Codeine 300/30 Mg$359.00 Select Pills
Codeine 30mg$329.00 Select Pills
Codeine 60mg$409.00 Select Pills
Codeine is an opioid pain medication, sometimes also known as narcotics. This medication was discovered in a plant (opium poppy) as 3-methylmorphin.
Uses of Codeine
It is a medication used for pain treatment purposes. Codeine works in a few types of medical applications like –
- Treat mild to moderate pain,
- Relive coughing,
- Sometimes also in diarrhea-predominant, irritable bowel syndrome (only on recommendation),
- Also used for the cancer pain (it may increase the risk of side effects) and
- It may use in some other problems at the special recommendation.
How to use Codeine?
It is crucial to use this drug only on the recommendation and instructions of your health advisor. You may also take the help of the medication guide that is available at online stores; this guide is also available freely with the drug while purchasing it online.
Here are some standard instructions you may follow while taking the drug –
- You may take this drug by mouth as instructed by your doctor,
- You may take this drug with or without food as you get better, and your physician advises. If you have a problem with nausea, you should take it with food.
- It is essential to take the advice of your doctor before starting the use of drugs and all the time you refill.
- You should avoid other drugs and alcohol without any recommendation of the professionals while using Codeine
How does it work?
There are several endogenous opioids in the human body that can bind to specialized receptors. And Codeine works by changing the endogenous opioids in the body. When an endogenous receptor binds with the right receptor, it leads,
- Analgesia to relieve pain
- Difficulty defecating
- Tiredness and
- Slowing down of your breathing
This medication manipulates this whole natural process by activating the same opioid receptors as endogenous receptors.
*We can say that the Codeine mimics the effects of natural receptors in the body.
*Codeine also works to relieve the pain by converting into the Morphine.
*It also decreases the transmission of pain impulses in the body by blocking or interrupting pain messages in the spinal cord and making interfere in massages that are coming from the brain.
Some Usual dosage of Codeine
Dosage plays a significant role in any drug use. And it is essential to take a recommended dose as per your physical and mental conditions. The professionals should administrate your dosage after your body check-up.
Adult doses for Pain
- Initial dose: 15 mg to 60 mg orally up to every 4 hours as needed
- Maximum dose: 360 mg in 24 hours
You may take this drug for some other specific uses with the prescribed dosage as per your doctor’s recommendation.
Strength/Dosage of Codeine
Codeine is a generic form of medicine that is a prodrug of Morphine. It is available in several powers, given below
- 15 mg
- 30 mg and
- 60 mg
Are there any side effects of Codeine?
Codeine may also cause adverse effects, just like other drugs. It is calculated that most of the side effects of this drug are rare, but it may be possible in some non-suitable conditions.
Here is a list of side effects, we have created including,
Some Unknown Symptoms
- Blurred vision
- Cold, clammy skin
- Darkened urine
- Difficult or troubled breathing
- Dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when changing the position
- Racing heartbeat or pulse
- Rapid or weak pulse
- Feeling of warmth
- Pains in the stomach, side or abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
- Pale or blue lips, finger, or skin
- Redness of the face, neck, arms and occasionally, upper chest
- Usual tiredness or weakness
- Yellow eyes or skin
Effects Of Overdose
- Bluish lips or skin
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Constricted, pinpoint, or small pupils
- Decreased awareness and responsiveness
- Extreme sleepiness or usual drowsiness
- Slow or irregular
Some more common side effects
- The relaxed and calm feeling
It is not a comprehensive list of side effects. Contact your health advisor in case of any physical change in yourself. You should stop this drug at once if you get any allergic reactions while using the medicine and contact your doctor immediately.
What Precautions May I Take While Using Codeine?
It is good to use some necessary precautions while using Codeine. If you used this kind of medication, it will surely protect you from side effects and provide you the hundred percent benefits of the drug.
You are advised to follow these few precautions –
- Never take the unwanted and unnecessary dosage of this drug. Taking over dosage of this drug may cause some adverse effects.
- This drug might cause life-threating withdrawal symptoms in your unborn baby if you used it during the pregnancy period.
- It is crucial to take the lowest prescription dose for a short duration to avoid the risks of drug addiction and side effects.
- You are advised to ignore using this drug with alcohol or other drugs without a medical professional’s recommendation. Doing such a job may increase or decrease the effect of medicine, it may also cause side effects.
- Never take two or more than two dosages at one time, even in case you have missed a dose. If you have missed a dose, have it as soon as you remember but if it is already time for the next dose, left the missing one and took a proper treatment.
- Stop using the drug if you have any signs of an allergic reaction.