Xanax is a trading name of Alprazolam under which this drug sold in the market. It is a short-acting benzodiazepine which most commonly used in the short-term management of anxiety disorder and especially for panic disorder or generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). In the U.S., it is a prescription medication and assigned to schedule IV of the controlled substance by the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Uses of Xanax
It is the medication mostly used in short term management of Anxiety disorder and especially for the panic disorder and nausea caused by chemotherapy. Xanax may also be used to treat some other disorders not given in this medication guide.
Common forms of Xanax
This medication is available in a few common ways including,
Extended-release form: This form of Xanax dissolves slowly and provide a calming effect for 24 hours. It is only for use in patients with the Panic disorder.
- Immediate-release form: It is the most common form of Xanax, which is also known as bars because of their shape.
- Oral concentrate: It is the liquid form of Xanax, which is useful for people with trouble swallowing or in pediatric patients.
- Orally disintegrating tablets: These tablets may also be used as an option for the parsons with trouble swallowing.
What is an Anxiety disorder, and how does Xanax treat it?
Anxiety is the natural response by your body to stress, which is an indication of the feeling of fear and apprehension about coming conditions. It is an expended form of human behavior that may change due to different types of situations. As we have mentioned above, Xanax is a type of Benzodiazepines which is approved by the FDA to treat panic and anxiety disorder. Benzodiazepines are central nervous system depressants. The central nervous system is responsible for maintaining the primary functions of our body, including blood pressure, breathing regulation of heart rate, and body temperature. Xanax slows down the work of these functions and provides a calming effect.
What is a Panic Disorder, and how does Xanax treat it?
Panic disorder is an experience of a sudden surge of overwhelming anxiety and fear by some panic attacks and discomfort. These attacks may happen suddenly for no reason. Xanax is FDA approved the medication for the treatment of Panic disorder. This drug is not a first-line treatment since the development of selective serotonin inhibitors. Xanax treats Panic disorder by making an impact in GABA receptors which are responsible for sleeping regulation, relaxation, and Anxiety.
Xanax for Nausea
This drug may use other medications to treat nausea.
How to take Xanax
- It is recommended to take this medication as per your doctor’s prescription.
- Always try to take Xanax with the lowest usual dosage as per your physical conditions.
- You can take Xanax tablets by mouth with or without food. Taking drugs with food may decrease the effectiveness of the medication.
- Take the whole tablet without crushing, chewing, and breaking.
- Store Xanax in a cool and dry place and away from children’s reach.
Dosage and Administration
Your dosage should be administrated by the professionals based on your physical, mental, and tolerance condition. There are several dosages of Xanax for different types of medical uses, never take this drug on another’s prescription.
Types of Xanax Bars
Here, we have created aa list of most common types of Xanax
Color: White, Dosage: 2 mg, Shape: Rectangle in Pill form, Imprinted as XANAX 2
Color: Blue, Dosage: 1 mg, Shape: Oval in Pill form, Imprinted as XANAX 1.0
Color: Orange, Dosage: 0.5 mg, Shape: Oval in pill form, Imprinted as XANAX 0.5
Color: Yellow, Dosage: 2 mg, Shape: Rectangle in Pill form, Imprinted as R 039
Color: Green, Dosage: 2mg, Shape: Rectangle in Pill form, Imprinted as S 90 3
Color: Blue, Dosage 2mg, Shape: Rectangle in Pill forms, Imprinted as B707
White Xanax Bars
This bar is a separate form of four dosages with 2 mg of Alprazolam. These bars are preferable bars among the all other colors. It is a very high dose of the medicine. The maximum dose of the white bar is 4 mg per day.
Green Xanax Bars
Many pharmaceutical companies are producing Green Xanax bars. These bars are the same as yellow and white Xanax bars. It contains 2 mg of Alprazolam, and it works like the yellow and white bars. These Xanax bars are also known as Hulk Xanax and Monster Xanax based on their strength.
Blue Xanax Bars
This type of Xanax bar is available in the market with the strength of 1 mg, which can be divided into two parts. Although the power of these tablets is less, it is very addictive. These bars are also known as blue football Xanax according to their external appearance. These bars are also available with a strength of 2 mg, in rectangle shape.
Orange Xanax Bars
Pink Xanax bar is a standard dosage of Xanax. It is the best dosage for the treatment of panic and anxiety disorder. This medication is not widely manufacturing for public use in the USA. It is available only on the legal prescription for medical purposes and not for the addiction purpose.
Yellow Xanax Bars
There are yellow Xanax bars are also available in the market. These bars are the same as white, yellow, and green in the effects and strength. Yellow Xanax bars are also known as school bus Xanax according to their color and shape.
Dosage of Xanax
- Xanax 0.25 mg – It is the best initial dose of Xanax which can be taken thrice in a day. You may increase these dosages gradually as per your doctor’s instruction.
- Xanax 0.5 mg – It is the second recommended dosage of Xanax, which is the lowest dose for the patients with Anxiety.
- Xanax 1.0 mg– It is the best dose for the treatment of a panic disorder.
- Xanax 2 mg – It is the highest dose of Xanax.
Dosage of Xanax for the Treatment of Anxiety
Initial dosage: 0.25 to 0.5 mg three times in a day as needed
- Dosage for adjustment: You may increase your dosage gradually at intervals of 3 to 4 days as per your doctor’s recommendation
- Maximum dosage: 4 mg per day
- Initial dosage: More than 4 mg per day as instructed by your doctor
- Dosage for adjustment: You may increase your dosage gradually as per recommendation
- Maximum dosage: 10 mg per day
Xanax Abuse and Overdose
Abusing this drug causes relaxation and euphoria. A lot of peoples abuse Xanax because it makes them feel good. Frequent abuse of medication may cause withdrawal and physical dependence. Withdrawal symptoms of this drug may be severe and sometimes fetal.
Some common withdrawal symptoms of Xanax
- Difficulty in sleep
- Regurgitation, or spitting up food
Taking overdoses of Xanax may be habit-forming and addictive. Do not take this drug more than prescription to avoid the adverse effects of the drug.
Symptoms of Overdose
- Coordination problem
- Slow reflexes
- Breathing problems
- Loss of life
What to do when missing a dose?
In case of a missing dose, take it as soon as you remember. And if it is the time for the next dose, skip the missing one and have the scheduled treatment. Never take a new drug to make up the lost dose.
What should I avoid while using Xanax?
You should avoid taking Xanax if you have,
- An urgent work which requires more alertness
- Taken another drug or alcohol
- Pregnancy period
How long does it stay in the human body?
Xanax starts its effect within 1 hour and reach to the peak of impact in 1 to 2 hours. It has an average half-life of 11(changeable as per individuals) hours in adults.
Xanax lasts for different times in different organs of the body
Xanax in Bloodstream: 6 days (variable)
Xanax in Urine: 7 Days (variable)
Xanax in Hair: 90 days (variable)
Trusted Sources To Buy Xanax online?
Nowadays people prefer to purchase drugs online. Because doing such a job saves not only money but also enough time. If you are prescribed to buy Xanax, buying it online will a good idea for you.
Are there any side effects of using Xanax?
Using Xanax may cause some adverse effects, just like other drugs do. These effects are rare to occur, but it may be possible due to unnecessary and unwanted dosage.
Some possible side effects of Xanax
- Being forgetful
- Change in rhythms and patterns of speech
- Clumsiness and unsteadiness
- Difficulty with coordination
- Feeling sad or empty
- Lack of appetite
- Loss of interest or pleasure
- Relaxed and calm
- Shakiness and unsteady walk
- Sleepiness or unusual thoughts
- Tiredness and slurred speech
- Trouble concentration
- Trouble performing a routine task
- Trouble sleeping
- Difficulty speaking
- Significant weakness or tiredness
- Abnormal or stomach pain
- Blurred vision
- Body aches or pain
- Itching numbness, burning, crawling, prickling, tingling feeling
- Change in behavior
- Clay-colored stools
- Confusion about identity, time and place
- Dark urine
- A decrease in the frequency of urination
- Decrease urine volume
- Difficulty or labored breathing
- Difficulty in passing urine
- lightheadedness or Dizziness, faintness, when getting up suddenly or changing in sitting position
- Fear or nervousness
- Feeling of unreality
- Irregular heartbeat
- Irregular heartbeat, etc.
Common and more common side effects of Xanax may occur, which usually do not need medical attention. These effects slowly disappear during the treatment. Take immediate medical help if these effects do not go for a long time.
- Rare and Unknown side effects
- Uncontrolled actions
- Attack, assault or force
- Chest pain
- Continuing buzzing or ringing other unexplained noise in the ears
- Decreased awareness of responsiveness
- Deep and fast breathing with dizziness
- Ear pain
- Fast, irregular, pounding or racing heartbeat
- Feeling unusually cold
- Generalized slowing of mental and physical activity
- Hearing loss
- Loss of the control of the legs
- Lack of emotions or feeling
- Loss of strength or energy, etc.
These effects are rare and occur in unusual conditions. Talk to your health advisor as soon as it is possible if you are feeling any of these effects.
What Precautions Can I take while using Xanax?
It is essential to take some necessary precautions while using Xanax. If you take precautions before and during the use, it will surely protect you from the side effects and help you to make the hundred percent benefit of the drug.
- Do not take an unwanted and unnecessary dosage of the drug. Misuses and overdosages of the drug may habit-forming and cause side effects.
- Taking Xanax bars during the pregnancy period may cause life-threating withdrawal symptoms in your unborn baby.
- Taking Xanax with alcohol or other drugs may harmful to you, it may cause side effects. Alcohol and other medications can also increase or decrease the
impact of medicine.
- It is also not suitable for a nursing mother. Xanax can react to your breast milk and harm your baby.
- Taking 2 or more than 2 dosages on one time may deadly. If you have missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember and if it is already time for the next dose, skip the missing dose and take the scheduled treatment.
- Stop using this Xanax at once if you feel any allergic sings while using the drug. And contact your health advisor immediately.
Talk to your doctor for other inquiries.