Tramadol is a prescription medication helpful in relieving severe pain in adults. It is an opioid pain medication available in immediate-release and extended-release tablets and capsules.
The immediate-release form of this medicine starts showing its effects within a short time from taking it. But, its effects don’t last very long. The extended-release type of this drug works for around the clock pain treatment.
Tramadol helps treat moderate to moderately severe pain. It is similar to opioid analgesics and works by changing how the brain responds to pain signals.
It mimics the properties of brain chemical – endorphins. This drug binds to the endorphins receptors and decreases the pain messages that the body sends to the brain. Tramadol tricks the brain into thinking that the body is having less pain than there is. If you want to buy Tramadol Online then this site is preferable to buy.
Tramadol causes some mild side effects like drowsiness, which can pass after a short period. Keep in mind, not everyone experiences all the side effects of this drug and in the same way.
Some of the common side effects include:
- Lack of energy
- Dry mouth
- Nausea and vomiting
These symptoms don’t usually require medical attention, but if they last for more than a few days, it will be best to get your doctor’s opinion.
Severe side effects
- High blood pressure
- Fast heart rate
- Heightened reflexes
- Lack of coordination
- Increased body temperature
- Slowed breathing rate
- Trouble sleeping
- Dilated pupils
- Runny nose
- Teary eyes
- Muscle aches, joint pain, or back pain
- Abdomen pain
- Muscle weakness
These are the symptoms that need immediate medical attention. If you experience any such severe symptoms that can interfere with your normal functioning, call up the emergency services, and get proper treatment.
Tramadol is an opioid, which means it has a high risk of being addictive. It starts with drug abuse and then not take long to become a full-blown addiction. A person can abuse the drug by using it without a prescription, consuming more than the prescribed dose, using it for more than the recommended period, or mixing it with substances like alcohol or other medications.
People with substance abuse history are at higher risk of developing an addiction, but that is not to say that people who have never abused any substance cannot become addicted to this medication.
Following signs indicates that a person might be addicted to this drug:
- Getting prescriptions from multiple doctors to get more of the medicine
- Avoiding responsibilities at work, home, or school
- Compulsive use of the drug without an actual need
- Social or interpersonal problems related to the use of this medicine
- Buying the medicine without a prescription, usually from the street
- Having to use an increased amount of medication to achieve similar results
- They spend large amounts of money on buying the medicine
People addicted to Tramadol need proper treatment. They can go to a rehab facility and undergo the detoxification process and psychological therapy to overcome addiction.
The dose of this medication might vary according to the severity of the patient’s pain. Use the exact amount prescribed by the doctor to get the best result and minimize the chances of side effects.
The typical dose for Tramadol is as follows:
- Use 50mg 4 times a day
- Take minimum effective dose and increase it by 50mg per day to reach 200mg per day dosage
- Do not take more than 400mg in a single day
- The initial dose should be 100mg per day
- A doctor might increase the dose by 100mg to achieve desired results
- Make sure that the daily dose should not exceed 300mg
If you are giving this medication to children or older people, then talk to a doctor about the dosage, as their doses are different from that of adults.
There are things that a person should know before starting the treatment with this drug. These precautions can help you avoid severe side effects of the medication:
- Tell the doctor if you have an allergic reaction to Tramadol.
- Don’t use this drug if you have medical conditions, such as severe asthma, or other breathing problems, blockage in the stomach or intestines.
- Don’t use substances like alcohol, sedatives, tranquilizers, or narcotic medications before taking Tramadol.
- Stop using any MAO inhibitor at least 14 days before starting the treatment with this medicine.
- Do not give this drug a child younger than 12 years old.
- Avoid consuming this medicine if you recently had your tonsils or adenoids removed.
- This drug can induce seizures, so don’t give it to the person who has a condition that causes seizures.
- Tell your doctor about prescription and non-prescription medicines or herbal supplements that you are taking before using this medicine.
- Your doctor should also know about all the physical and psychological issues that you might have before prescribing this drug to minimize the risk of complications.