Ultram 50mg pills Tramadol as their active ingredient. In simpler words, Ultram is the brand (trade) name of Tramadol that is available in the pharmacies. Do not use Ultram with other Tramadol products. The maximum dosage limit of Ultram a day is 400mg.
This means that you should not take more than 400mg Ultram in a day. Whereas, the minimum dose of Ultram may depend upon a number of factors including your age, sex, the goal of treatment, metabolism rate, etc.
Ultram should not be administered to children below the age of 12 years.
The administration of Ultram, along with food, does not lower any of the effects or absorption rate. Therefore, it is totally safe to take Ultram with or without food. Pregnant women should refrain from taking Ultram 50mg as it can have adverse effects on them.
Ultram pills are consumed after every four to six hours, orally. But it is better to abide by your medical adviser’s prescription.
Fast Facts About Ultram
Although Ultram affects the pain that occurs in a human body, there are a few facts that a person must know about before taking the drug. They are –
- Patients taking Ultram on a regular basis will develop their dependency on the drug quickly in comparison with other pain medications.
- About 28% of the total percentage of patients taking Ultram for pain relief have an addiction to the drug.
- Ultram can even produce an effect that is similar to the Oxycodone drug when the intake is not proper. Oxycodone is a much effective pain medication in comparison with Ultram.
- As per the reports of the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration), about 2.6 million people were using the drug for nonmedical purposes in the year 2011.
Is Ultram Dangerous For Intake?
Initially, Ultram was considered to be a much safer drug for pain treatment. Although it is an opiate drug, it is not as strong as most of the other opiate painkillers. But in recent times, it is found out that people are abusing this drug more often due to its medicinal property.
Due to the abuse of Ultram that was widespread, the FDA placed the drug as a Schedule IV substance under the Controlled Substance Act. It is done so that the government can monitor the lawful prescription of the medication. People who develop their dependency on the drug are mostly purchasing the drug through illicit means. Thus, the medicine can harm your system if you do not take it accordingly.
The long-term use of Ultram will cause the following issues on a person’s body –
- Seizures – The person will have a more repetitive pattern of seizures occurring that may lead to death. The risk of life can even happen when you are in sleep.
- Easy tolerance – When you keep on taking the tablets of Ultram for long, the body will develop its tolerance for the drug in a quick time. The person will need larger doses to suppress the effect of pain.
- Addiction – A long-term use of Ultram will make a person addicted to the pills. Furthermore, your body will indicate for higher doses, and withdrawal symptoms will occur when you do not take the drug.