Showing the single result
What is Ivermectin?
Ivermectin is a prescription medication usually prescribed to treat infections in the body. This medicine is readily available in the form of an oral tablet, topical lotion, and topical cream. You can easily buy Ivermectin online if you have a doctor’s prescription.
Ivermectin belongs to the class of medications known as anti-parasitic medicines. The drugs in this group work similarly to kill off the parasite causing infection in the body. When you consume this medicine, it makes its way into the parasite and paralyzes it. This medicine eventually kills the parasite or inhibits its ability to produce larvae, effectively ending the infection.
Doctors primarily prescribe this medicine for treating parasitic infections of the skin, eyes, or intestinal tract.
This drug is also under testing as a potential treatment option for COVID-19. However, the experts have not yet concluded its efficacy against the new coronavirus, which is causing COVID-19. So, try only to use this medicine for the approved conditions. Avoid using it for COVID-19 unless you are a part of a study.
How to take Ivermectin?
Consume this drug as prescribed by your doctor. Never try to take more than the recommended quantity. Also, avoid using this medicine for longer than the specified period. Try following the prescription label and the medication guide you get when your order Ivermectin online.
Doctors usually recommend consuming this drug at least one hour before or two hours after a meal. They also prescribe using this entire quantity as a single dose. However, often doctors suggest an additional amount after several months or a year from the initial dose to effectively treat the infection.
People with a weak immune system also need to take this drug in more than one dose to treat their infection correctly. Some people might need to consume this drug regularly for keeping the condition in check. Try consulting a doctor about the best treatment for your problem if you have a weakened immune system.
This drug, like many potent medications, can cause adverse effects if not used properly. Sometimes, you might experience its mild side effects even after taking the appropriate precautions. It is essential to know that not everyone who uses this drug faces its adverse effects, but you should immediately tell your doctor if the undesirable results occur.
While this drug’s side effects are not prevalent, people who buy Ivermectin online and start using it without consulting a doctor are at a higher risk of facing significant adverse effects.
Common side effects
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Loss of energy
These symptoms are typically mild and disappear after a day or two. Though these don’t require medical treatment, you should inform your doctor about their occurrence immediately.
Serious side effects
- Neck and back pain
- Loss of vision
- Shortness of breath
- Trouble walking
- Inability to control urination
- Low blood pressure
- Severe rash
These side effects might turn life-threatening if not treated in time. Ensure you visit the ER or call 911 if you start to get severe or intense undesirable effects after consuming this drug.
When using this medicine, make sure that you do not use any other mediation or supplements without your doctor’s knowledge. Several drugs, including over-the-counter and prescription drugs, vitamins, and herbal substances, can adversely impact Ivermectin’s functioning and increase the risk of side effects.
Tell the doctor about all the supplements and medications you are consuming before you start the treatment with this drug, so they can manage the dosage according and minimize the risk of side effects.
This medicine is effective against treating a parasitic infection by killing the parasite, which means it is a potent drug with the strength to cause severe harm if used carelessly. So, if you are planning to buy Ivermectin online or at your local drug store, make sure to consult a doctor about its side effects and what you can do to minimize the risk of facing such adverse effects. Taking small precautions can make a huge difference and protect you from this drug’s undesirable effects.
The following is what you can do and avoid to have a safe treatment with this drug:
- Try avoiding this drug if you are allergic to Ivermectin or other substances similar to it.
- Several medical conditions can interfere with this drug’s functioning and cause severe side effects. So, discuss your medical history with a doctor before starting treatment with this medicine.
- Those who have lived in Central or West Africa may get infected with specific parasites. This parasitic infection might cause incompatibility with this drug.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and consuming other intoxicating substances while using this drug because doing so can worsen its side effects.
- This drug can also cause complications during surgery. Try informing your doctor ahead of time about this medicine’s usage to avoid any problems. They might ask you to stop using it before the surgery.
- If you have any severe diseases that make you immune-compromised, like HIV, you will need to take repeated doses of this drug for the maximum effect.
- This drug is not suitable for children who weigh less than 33 pounds or 15 kg.
- Older people’s kidneys do not function as young people. So, strictly control their dosage because they are more susceptible to this medication’s side effects.
- This medicine might harm the unborn kid, so try not to use it without consulting a doctor if you are pregnant.
- Ivermectin can also pass into breastmilk and cause undesirable effects in the nursing infant. Try talking with a doctor before breastfeeding if you are using this medication.
- This medicine can also make you feel dizzy. So make sure not to drive or undertake any attention requiring tasks immediately after taking this medicine.