Showing the single result
What is Colcrys?
Colcrys is a prescription medication that helps people with gout and familial Mediterranean fever. Doctors prescribe this drug to treat and prevent these conditions, and it is readily available in the market. Pharma companies also sell this drug under the generic name of colchicine. Anyone with a doctor’s prescription can buy Colcrys online or offline for their problems.
This drug’s primary function is to treat gout or familial Mediterranean fever symptoms. Gout is a painful condition caused when uric acid crystals are formed in the body, typically in the joints. This drug inhibits the formation of uric acid crystals, providing relief from pain.
The other condition that this drug helps treat is familial Mediterranean fever; a hereditary issue passed down in families, which causes inflammation (swelling and pain) in the lungs, joints, or abdomen.
Doctors prescribe this medicine to treat gout in adults. This medicine also suitable for children who are at least 4-years-old for treating familial Mediterranean fever symptoms.
You can order Colcrys online to use alone or as part of combination therapy, as prescribed by your doctor.
How to take Colcrys?
Try using this drug as recommended by your doctor. Follow the prescription label or the medication guide you get when you buy Colcrys online or offline. Avoid using large or smaller quantities of this drug and don’t use it for more than the recommended period.
This drug’s effective dose can vary from person to person. Make sure to ask a doctor about the right amount for your condition. The doctor might recommend taking this medicine with or without food for maximum benefits as per the requirement.
Take This medicine at the first signs of a gout attack to achieve the best results. The longer you wait before starting the treatment, the less effective this drug will become.
You might need to take an additional lower dose of this drug after an hour from consuming the initial amount if you still have gout pain.
Try not to stop using this drug before the recommended period unless your doctor tells you. Abruptly halting the treatment might make your condition even worse.
Colcrys can cause some mild to severe side effects depending on the amount you take. It is crucial to understand that not everyone who uses this drug will encounter its side effects and those who do tend to get only mild symptoms. However, people who buy Colcrys online and use it without consulting with a doctor can experience this drug’s severe side effects.
Common side effects
- Stomach pain
These discomforting symptoms can last for a few days and usually disappear without any medical intervention. However, if they remain for a more extended period, make sure to tell your doctor.
Serious side effects
- Easy bruising
- Unusual bleeding
- Muscle pain
- Body aches
- Flu symptoms
- Gray or pale lips, hands, or tongue
- Numbness or tingling in toes or fingers
The severe side effects can turn life-threatening if not treated in time. Make sure to stop using the medicine and tell your doctor about these adverse effects. Try calling 911 or visiting the ER without wasting any time.
Before you buy Colcrys online or offline, make sure to consult with a doctor about using it with other medicine. Consuming this drug with certain medications can cause dangerous effects.
Try not to combine this drug with the following medications:
- Antidepressants like nefazodone
- Antibiotics like telithromycin or clarithromycin
- HIV drugs like indinavir, saquinavir, atazanavir, or ritonavir
- Antifungal medicines like itrocazole or ketoconazole
- Heart medicines like diltiazem or verapamil
- An antiarrhythmic drug, like digoxin
- Cholesterol medications like gemfibrozil, fibrates, simvastatin, pravastatin, lovastatin, fluvastatin, or atorvastatin
Whether you order Colcrys online or get it from your local drugstore, try to take the below-listed precautions to avoid encountering its severe side effects.
- Tell your doctor about your allergies before using this medicine.
- Try avoiding this medicine if you have liver or kidney disease, heart disease, ulcerative colitis, a stomach ulcer, Crohn’s disease, or severe gastrointestinal disorder.
- Drinking alcohol with this medicine can reduce its effectiveness. So, try not to consume alcohol while using this drug.
- This medicine can also affect how well the body absorbs some nutrients and foods. Consult a doctor before taking this drug for more information.
- Strictly control older people’s dosage because they are more susceptible to this medicine’s severe side effects.
- This medicine might decrease sperm production, affecting a person’s ability to father a child. Make sure to talk with a doctor about such problems before using this medicine.
- This drug can cause complications during surgery, so inform your doctor ahead of time about this medicine’s usage.
- Try not to use this medicine during pregnancy without consulting a doctor because it might have undesirable effects on the unborn kid.
- Colcrys can also pass into breastmilk and might harm the nursing infants. Make sure not to use this drug if you are breastfeeding without consulting a doctor.