Showing the single result
What is Chloroquine?
Chloroquine is a prescription medication that helps treat or prevent malaria, a disease caused by a parasite that enters the system through a mosquito bite. This medicine is not effective against all the malaria strains. It is also not of much use against the parasite in the areas where the infection has become resistant to it or a similar drug known as hydroxychloroquine. This medicine is readily available, and you can easily buy Chloroquine online if you have a doctor’s prescription.
Doctors primarily prescribe this drug to treat malaria. This drug can also help prevent malaria if you take it before going to a high infection rate area, as prescribed by your doctor. Doctors often prescribe this drug to treat amebiasis, which is an infectious disease caused by amoebae.
This medicine works by attacking the parasite. It interferes with its essential processes. The malaria parasite metabolizes hemoglobin present in the red blood cells to survive, and this process produces a toxic and soluble molecule heme. The parasite crystalizes it to form hemozoin to avoid destruction by heme. Chloroquine diffuses into red blood cells and prevents the parasite from converting heme into hemozoin, which increases the toxicity and eventually kills the parasite.
How to take Chloroquine?
Try using this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. Make sure to follow the prescription label or the medication guide you get when you order Chloroquine online or purchase it from the local drugstore. Avoid consuming more than the prescribed amount and using it for more than the recommended period.
For preventing malaria, doctors typically recommend taking this drug once per week on the same day each week. Begin using this medicine at least two weeks before going to the area where malaria is common. Keep consuming this drug for your entire stay. You also have to continue the treatment for at least eight weeks after leaving the area.
For treating malaria, doctors prescribe one high dose of Chloroquine, followed by smaller amounts for the next two days.
Your doctor might recommend higher doses for two days for treating amebiasis, followed by smaller quantities for two to three weeks. The doctor might also prescribe another medication to help prevent further infection.
Chloroquine doses usually correspond to the body weight, so your doctor might change the prescribed amount if you gain or lose weight during the treatment period.
Chloroquine is a potent anti-malarial drug that might cause mild to severe side effects if not used cautiously. It is an FDA approved medication, which means that not everyone who will use this drug will face its adverse effects. The risk of experiencing side effects is typically higher for people who buy Chloroquine online and use it without consulting with a doctor.
Common side effects
- Muscle weakness
- Changes in hair color
- Temporary hair loss
- Abdominal cramps
- Blurred vision
These symptoms don’t usually require a hospital visit as they disappear in a few days without requiring any treatment.
Serious side effects
- Uncontrolled movements
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Abdominal pain
- Dark urine
- Pale lips, nails, or skin
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of ankles or legs
- Unusual tiredness
- Severe chills
- High fever
- Persistent sore throat
- Sun sensitivity
- Worsening of skin conditions
- Darkening of skin inside the mouth
- Hearing changes
- Mood changes
Tell the doctor if you experience any of this drug’s severe side effects. Immediate call 911 or visit the ER if the intensity of the symptoms is high. Remember, it is not a comprehensive side effects list; you might want to consult with a doctor about all the possible adverse effects.
Using this medicine with other drugs might cause severe heart problems. Before you order Chloroquine online, make sure to consult a doctor about this drug’s safety if you are using medications for asthma, infections, heart problems, mental illness, high blood pressure, HIV, depression, malaria, or cancer.
If you have to use an antibiotic called ampicillin, consume it at least two hours before or two hours after you take Chloroquine.
Inform the doctor about the drugs you are using, especially:
Remember, this is not the complete medication list that can interact with Chloroquine. So, ask a doctor about possible interactions before deciding to buy Chloroquine online or offline.
When prescribing this medicine, your doctor can recommend taking some precautions. Try following your doctor’s guidelines to avoid this drug’s undesirable effects. Try going through the below-listed information about this drug’s safe usage before you order Chloroquine online or purchasing it offline.
- Using this medicine for extended periods and higher doses might cause irreversible retina damage resulting in permanent vision problems.
- Avoid using this drug if you are allergic to it or similar drugs like hydroxychloroquine.
- Consult a doctor before consuming this drug if you have medical issues, including diabetes, liver or kidney disease, heart disease, an electrolyte imbalance, heart rhythm disorder, psoriasis, alcoholism, or porphyria. These conditions can adversely impact this drug’s functioning and increase the risk of adverse effects.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while using this drug because it can worsen this medicine’s side effects.
- This medicine can cause complications during surgery. Make sure to tell the surgeon ahead of time about using this drug to avoid any problems.
- Chloroquine might also make you more sensitive to sunlight. So, limit your sun exposure and avoid tanning booths and sunlamps during the treatment period.
- Strictly control older people’s dosage because they are more susceptible to this drug’s adverse effects.
- This drug might harm the unborn child, so avoid using this medicine without consulting a doctor if you are pregnant.
- Chloroquine can also pass into breastmilk and cause undesirable effects on the nursing child. Make sure to consult a doctor before breastfeeding if you are using this drug.