Showing the single result
What is Azithromycin?
Azithromycin is a prescription antibiotic that helps fight bacterial infections. This medicine is available as an oral tablet, oral suspension, eye drops, and intervenous injection. This medicine is readily available, and anyone can buy Azithromycin online or offline if they have a doctor’s prescription.
This medicine is also available under the brand-name Zithromax. There is no difference in the brand-name, and generic version’s efficacy, so people usually go with the generic drug because it typically costs less than its brand-name counterpart. While the generic and brand-name versions are not different from each other, you should ask a doctor which one will be best for your condition before deciding to order Azithromycin online.
Azithromycin is a potent drug used for treating various bacteria-caused infections. This medicine eliminates multiple conditions, including skin infections, ear infections, eye infections, respiratory infections, and sexually transmitted infections (STIs). While this medicine is effective against bacterial infections, you should not use it to treat viral illnesses.
Before trying to buy Azithromycin online or offline, try asking the doctor about this drug’s benefits and side effects. Using this drug without consulting a doctor or abusing it can result in severe side effects and also make your body build antibiotic tolerance.
How to take Azithromycin?
The best way to take Azithromycin is to consume it as per your doctor’s prescription. You can also follow the prescription label and the medication guide you get when you order Azithromycin online. Try to make sure that you are not taking more than the prescribed and not using this medicine for longer than the recommended period.
The doctor might recommend using this drug with or without food, depending on your condition. Typically they ask to use the oral suspension on an empty stomach, usually one hour before or two hours after a meal.
To take the oral suspension single dose packet:
- Open the packaging and dump the medicine into two ounces of water.
- Stir the mixture and drink all at once.
- Don’t store the water mixed medicine for later use because it can lose its efficacy.
When using the liquid suspension, take special care of the dosage because a higher dose can cause severe side effects. Use a standard measuring spoon, measuring syringe, or medicine cup, and avoid using household items.
Don’t stop using this medicine before the completion of the treatment period. If you stop consuming it mid-treatment, the symptoms can worsen again. Also, skipping doses can increase the risk of further infection that can be resistant to antibiotics.
Azithromycin is a potent antibacterial drug that can cause mild to severe side effects. While this drug is an FDA-approved medicine and is safe for consumption, it can still be dangerous if not used cautiously. Though not everyone who uses this medicine will experience its adverse effects, people who buy Azithromycin online and consume it without consulting a doctor are at an increased risk of encountering its severe adverse effects.
People using this medicine might encounter the following mild and severe side effects:
Common side effects
- Abdomen pain
The mild symptoms are not much problematic as they usually disappear in a few days. If you feel them lingering around for longer, let your doctor know and seek appropriate treatment.
Serious side effects
- Dark urine
- Loss of appetite
- Irregular heart rhythm
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of lips, face, throat, or tongue
- Lack of weight gain
- Fluttering in chest
These severe side effects can turn life-threatening if not treated in time. Try not to ignore them and let the doctor know about their occurrence as soon as possible. Visit the ER or call 911 if you experience extreme symptoms.
This medicine can interact with various prescription or non-prescription medications, vitamins, or herbal supplements. These substances can alter this medicine’s functioning and cause harmful effects. Some elements can also prevent it from correctly working.
Tell your doctor about all the drugs you are using before starting the treatment. Try asking the doctor about its interactions before you order Azithromycin online.
Consuming this drug with the following medicines can increase the risk of adverse effects:
- Nelfinavir – this antiviral drug might cause liver or hearing problems when mixed with Azithromycin.
- Warfarin – this blood thinner medicine can increase the risk of bleeding if taken with Azithromycin.
Before you try to buy Azithromycin online and use it for treating any infection, make sure you understand the precautions you have to take while using it to minimize the risk of its side effects. When using this drug, you should know what to do and avoid keeping the risk of adverse effects at a minimum.
Try looking at the below-listed standard precautions before starting treatment with this drug:
- Try not to use this drug if you have jaundice, liver problem, or kidney disease.
- Other medical conditions, including myasthenia gravis, a heart rhythm disorder, long QT syndrome, low blood potassium levels, etc. can also significantly increase the chances of this drug’s adverse effects.
- Talk to the doctor about your allergies before using this drug to ensure you are not allergic to any of its components.
- This medicine can make a live bacterial vaccine, like the typhoid vaccine, not work correctly. So avoid vaccinations while using this drug.
- This drug can cause complications during surgery, so inform your surgeon about its use ahead of time.
- This medicine is not safe for use during pregnancy. Try consulting a doctor before using it if you are pregnant.
- Azithromycin can pass into breastmilk, so talk to a doctor before breastfeeding if you are using this drug.